Sunday, November 1, 2015

"Floral Liaisons" painting

Finally! I completed my big floral painting! It took me a while to finish it due to a long absence from my studio during summer months and because of my participation in the "30 paintings in 30 days" Challenge in September when I put all of my focus on small works. My goal was to finish "Floral Liaisons" by end of October so I could exhibit it at the upcoming show in Boston (at Prudential Center, Huntington Arcade - Winter Garden, November 5-21, 2015, free and open to public) and I'm so happy I did it!


I painted each flower with every fine detail, most attention and I enjoyed the process very much. The goal was to keep the background simple and and have all the attention on the flowers.

In order to showcase the various stages of blooming; in the painting I had some flowers that were very fresh while others had already begun fading. Despite the fading flowers, the bouquet is still gorgeous and attractive. In addition, this painting is very personal to me because it represents my present state of mind. As many of you know, I became a mother a year ago and it altered many aspects of my life. They say after having a baby a woman flourishes, that's what I feel and that's what I wanted to show in my painting. I hope that you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completion of this gorgeous painting! I could stare at it forever! While your technique it's very impressive, I love the Feel this painting has - happy, light, womanly, airy, yet so rich, bright and lively. Thanks for sharing what it means to you, it opens another dimension for appreciating it.

    ReplyDelete